Friday 17 December 2010

Ginger Lynn











People often ask me, Kola, which four people, living or dead, would you invite round to your fantasy dinner party? My answer is always the same: Ginger Lynn, Ginger Lynn, Ginger Lynn and Ginger Lynn! More than anyone else she made me who I am today. I remember chancing on my step-dad's pirate copy of New Wave Hookers when I was twelve years old. There was something about her that was almost hypnotic. I went to bed that night full of excitement, knowing what I wanted to make of my life. Without Ginger Lynn, maybe the world wouldn't have heard of Kola Kubes. Maybe she'd still be that same old buck-tooth, flat-chested kid, clocking off at a factory or serving up sausage butties down the chippy. I owe Ginger Lynn my life. I only wish I could get to meet her one day, to make my thank you a whole lot more personal!

No comments:

Post a Comment